Portable Activity Meter
- Simultaneous measurement of surface contamination by alpha/beta emitting radionuclides and ambient gamma dose equivalent rate
- Large active area
- User friendly, easy to use
- Gasless scintillation detector
- High detection efficiency and uniformity of response, thanks to two photomultipliers
- Possibility of quick replacement of the light-tight foil of the detector
- Up to 200 hours operation due to new integrated rechargeable battery
- Two pre-settable alarm levels
- Easy decontamination
The PAM-525 series meters are portable hand-held instruments primarily intended for the measurement of alpha/beta surface contamination.
Because of their large detectors, more extensive areas can be quickly monitored.
Two standard models are available:
- PAM-525B – Single channel meter, with a high sensitivity to beta contamination
- PAM-525C – Double channel meter, can distinguish between alpha and beta contamination, slightly lower beta sensitivity than PAM-525B
The measurement of the gamma dose equivalent rate is an additional measurement independent of the measurement of surface contamination. It can warn the operator about higher ambient radiation.